Send materials to:
c/o The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
350 N Orleans ST STE 1050
Chicago, IL 60654-1822
Students applying to the Ed.D. in School Psychology (post-Educational Specialist) program must submit the following:
- Application Fee: $50
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Essay - Please answer the following essay questions, separately, in approximately 200 words each.
- What are the most difficult challenges facing schools today?
- What are the skills you are most hoping to develop in this doctoral program?
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Appropriate recommendations are from professors and/or supervisors from significant work or volunteer experiences, who can appraise your academic or professional performance. Letters should arrive in a sealed envelope, signed across the seal.
- Official College/University Transcripts
- Students must submit official transcripts from all schools where degrees have been earned. The Chicago School requires that all schools be regionally accredited higher education institutions. Official transcripts may be sent directly from the institution or with your application for admission as long as they are official, sealed, and signed across the envelope flap when they arrive.
- Previous Coursework
- Students who accept our offer of admissions will be subject to a competency exam to determine competence in the areas of Brain & Behavior and Statistics. Depending on the exam result, additional pre-requisite courses may need to be taken.
- Optional: Official GRE scores may be used to enhance your application
- You must arrange for your official GRE scores to be sent to the school - our school code is 1119.
- Students who have yet to take the GRE examination should contact GRE at www.GRE.org to register for an exam date.
- Students who have taken the test within the last five years should contact GRE at www.GRE.org or 1-888-GRE SCORE, to have their scores forwarded directly to the school.