Send materials to:
c/o The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
350 N Orleans ST STE 1050
Chicago, IL 60654-1822
Students applying to the Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology program must submit the following:
- Application Fee: $50
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Essay - Please answer the following question within three double spaced typed pages (approximately 500-750 words).
- The field of Forensic Psychology focuses on psychology as it relates to the law and the legal system. In forensic settings you will likely assist individuals with diverse backgrounds in a variety of different contexts. Please tell us reasons why you want to become a Forensic Psychologist. Include your career aspirations and some of the challenges you might encounter when working with diverse individuals.
- Official College/University Transcripts
- Students must submit official transcripts from all schools where degrees have been earned. Official transcripts may be sent directly from the institution or with your application for admission as long as they are official, sealed, and signed across the envelope flap when they arrive.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Appropriate recommendations are from professors and/or supervisors from significant work or volunteer experiences, who can appraise your academic or professional performance. Letters should arrive in a sealed envelope, signed across the seal.
- Official GRE Scores
- You must arrange for your official GRE scores to be sent to the school - our school code is 1119.
- Students who have yet to take the GRE examination should contact GRE at www.GRE.org to register for an exam date.
- Students who have taken the test within the last five years should contact GRE at www.GRE.org or 1-888-GRE SCORE, to have their scores forwarded directly to the school.
- Previous Coursework
- 18 hours of psychology credit with earned grades of C or better, including one course in each:
- Abnormal Psychology