Guests may begin to arrive at 11:30 AM and doors to the theater open at 12:00 PM.
Diploma frames, class rings, and other graduation gifts can be found online at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/csopp.
The Regional Transportation Authority(RTA) manages the 3 public transit operations in northeastern Illinois: The Chicago Transit (CTA), Metra commuter rail and Pace suburban bus. For information on routes and schedules, contact the RTA via their website at or call their Transit Information Hotline at 312.836.7000.
- Bus Services
Getting to McCormick Place is possible by using the city transit system. The Chicago Transit Authority provides the following bus service and runs approximately every 15 minutes
- Note: The McCormick Place stop is at the South Building located Martin Luther King Drive and 23rd Street. Upon entering the Building, proceed through the Concourse, up to Level 3 and continue through the covered sky bridge that crosses Lake Shore Drive. At that point, you have entered Lakeside Center. The Arie Crown Theater is located on Level 2.
- From Downtown Chicago: The #3 King Drive bus runs downtown from morning to midnight daily. From Union Station: The #129 bus runs directly to McCormick Place, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 5:30 pm. Otherwise, from the corner of Canal Street and Jackson Blvd, take the #7 Jackson to Michigan Avenue, obtain a transfer to the #3 which will take you to McCormick Place.
- From the Ogilvie Transportation Center (previously Northwestern Train Station): The #129 bus runs directly to McCormick Place, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 5:30 pm. Otherwise, take any bus to Michigan Avenue, obtain a transfer to the #3 King Drive which will take you to McCormick Place.
- Regional Transit Authority (METRA): Located on Level 2.5 of the Grand Concourse in the South Building, the METRA commuter railroad provides direct service within seven minutes to and from downtown Chicago. Service from the Randolph Station (nearby the Fairmont Hotel) to McCormick Place begins early morning, with more frequent pick-ups during rush hours. Shuttle connections can be made to the METRA system. METRA services the Midwest as far north as Kenosha, Wisconsin; northwest to Fox Lake and Harvard; west to Elgin, Geneva and Aurora; southwest to Joliet and Orland Park; south to University Park; and east to South Bend, Indiana.
- Taxi Service
- More than 5,800 city taxis are at your service in Chicago. Facility direction signs and personnel at the Concierge Desk will direct attendees to gates that are designated for your event.
Arie Crown Theatre
2301 South Lakeshore Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
- From Indiana via the Skyway, take the Indiana Tollway (I-90) west to the Chicago Skyway, to the local traffic lanes of the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) west to the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) north to Lake Shore Drive (US 41) south. Exit Lake Shore Drive at 31st Street. Proceed to the stoplight (31st Street). Continue straight ahead (traveling north) staying to the right on Fort Dearborn Drive (frontage road). Proceed to the Arie Crown Theater parking garage.
- From Indiana via I-80/I-90/94, exit I-80/I-94 on the Bishop Ford Freeway and proceed to the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) west to the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) north to Lake Shore Drive (US 41) south. Exit Lake Shore Drive at 31st Street. Proceed to the stoplight (31st Street). Make a left onto 31st Street, proceed to next stop light. Make a left turn onto Fort Dearborn Drive. Continue straight ahead (traveling north) staying to the right on Fort Dearborn Drive (frontage road). Proceed to the Arie Crown Theater parking garage.
- From the north, northwest or O'Hare Airport, take the Edens Expressway (I-94) east to the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) east to the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) east. Continue east on the Dan Ryan, keeping to the right, exit north on the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to Lake Shore Drive (US 41) south. Exit Lake Shore Drive at 31st Street. At 31st Street (first light) turn left. Proceed east to the next stoplight. Turn left (north) on to Fort Dearborn Drive (frontage road). Proceed to the Arie Crown Theater parking garage.
Theater parking is available. Cost is $21.
For those wishing to make hotel arrangements, we have reserved a limited number of hotel rooms at the following two hotels. Feel free to pass this information on to families and guests:
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (close proximity to commencement ceremony venue)
2233 S Martin Luther King Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
Dates: July 25 – July 28, 2013
Reservation Cut-off Date: July 5, 2013
Block Name: Chicago School of Prof Psych/Chicago School Commencement
- Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza (close proximity to school/downtown Chicago)
350 West Mart Center
Chicago, IL 60654
Dates: July 25 – July 28, 2013
Reservation Cut-off Date: June 25, 2013
Block Name: The Chicago School of Professional Psychology