In the event of an injury or accident on campus, individuals should:
- Evaluate the situation as quickly as possible using all available information, including the consideration of the following:
- Is the situation, accident or illness serious enough to be considered an immediate medical emergency?
- Is the person(s) coherent?
- Is the individual(s) in pain?
- How many people are injured?
- If the situation is such where the person(s) is seriously hurt or too sick to assume responsibility for themselves:
- Call 9-1-1 for assistance and calmly describe the situation; follow up by calling the Facilities department.
- Stay with the person/people until help arrives.
- Arrange to have someone meet emergency personnel outside or in the lobby of the building.
- Do not attempt to move the injured person(s) or assist in any way without proper training.
- If the situation is such where the person(s) is not seriously hurt or not too sick to assume responsibility for themselves:
- Call the Facilities department and describe the situation.
All accidents or injuries that occur on TCSPP property, whether life threatening or not, must be promptly reported to the Facilities department so that incident and/or witness reports can be completed.