Send materials to:
c/o The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
350 N Orleans ST STE 1050
Chicago, IL 60654-1822
Students applying to the Ph.D. in Business Psychology program must submit the following:
- Application Fee: $50
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Essay - Please answer the following two questions on separate sheets of paper (approximately 500 words each).
- In what areas (e.g., selection and placement, organizational development, performance management) will you, as a business psychologist, affect or contribute to the business world? How will your contributions differ from those with an M.B.A. or other business training?
- In your role as a business psychology student, you are likely to work and study with people from many backgrounds. Tell us what will be some of the challenges for you studying with people different from yourself, and what you would contribute in your interactions with them.
- Official College/University Transcripts
- Students must submit official transcripts from all schools where degrees have been earned. The Chicago School requires that all schools be regionally accredited higher education institutions. Official transcripts may be sent directly from the institution or with your application for admission as long as they are official, sealed, and signed across the envelope flap when they arrive.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Students applying to the I/O Track must submit three (3) letters of recommendation for consideration, and students applying to the Consulting Track must submit one (1) letter of recommendation for consideration.
- Appropriate recommendations are from professors and/or supervisors from significant work or volunteer experiences, who can appraise your academic or professional performance. Letters should arrive in a sealed envelope, signed across the seal.
- Official GRE Scores (required only for post-baccalaureate candidates applying to the I/O Track)
- You must arrange for your official GRE scores to be sent to the school - our school code is 1119.
- Students who have yet to take the GRE examination should contact GRE at www.GRE.org to register for an exam date.
- Students who have taken the test within the last five years should contact GRE at www.GRE.org or 1-888-GRE SCORE, to have their scores forwarded directly to the school.
- Previous Coursework
- 9 hours of psychology credit with earned grade of C or better, including one course in each:
- 3 credit hours of Statistics