Send materials to:
c/o The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
350 N Orleans ST STE 1050
Chicago, IL 60654-1822
Students applying to the Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology program must submit the following:
- Application Fee: $50
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Essays - Please answer the following two questions on separate sheets of paper (approximately 500 words each).
- In your role as a clinical psychology student, you are likely to work and study with people from many backgrounds. Tell us what will be some of the challenges for you studying with people different from yourself, and what you would contribute in your interactions with them.
- Many people choose Clinical Psychology as a career because they are interested in helping other people. Please tell us additional reasons, other than helping people, why you would like to be a clinical psychologist.
- Official College/University Transcripts
- Students must submit official transcripts from all schools where degrees have been earned. Official transcripts may be sent directly from the institution or with your application for admission as long as they are official, sealed, and signed across the envelope flap when they arrive.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Appropriate recommendations are from professors and/or supervisors from significant work or volunteer experiences, who can appraise your academic or professional performance. Letters should arrive in a sealed envelope, signed across the seal.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required; however, students who have taken the exam may submit their scores to enhance their application. Scores should be sent directly to the school (GRE School Code: 1119) for consideration.
- Previous Coursework
- 18 hours of psychology credit with earned grade of C or better, including one course in each:
- Child/Human Development or Lifespan
- Abnormal Psychology