The Chicago School California Commencement will be held on Friday, November 7, 2014 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium
300 E. Green St., Pasadena, CA 91101
9:15am Participant Check-In Opens (Gold Room, Pasadena Civic Auditorium)
10:00am Pasadena Civic Auditorium opens for general seating (balloons prohibited)
10:20am Participant Lineup (Gold Room, Pasadena Civic Auditorium)
11:00am – 1:00pm Commencement Ceremony
Required forms to participate:
- Petition for Degree Conferral ( in your final semester)
- Intent to Participate in Commencement Form
- Deadline to submit: Sunday, September 7, 2014.
The Herf Jones Regalia website will be available on Monday, June 23, 2014 for orders. There is no cost to order regalia and also have the option to purchase TCSPP diploma frames and announcements on the website. All regalia orders must be placed by Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What Commencement deadlines do I have to meet?
Intent to Participate in Commencement Form - Tuesday, September 7, 2014
Regalia Ordering – Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Question: How do I obtain tickets for Commencement?
The California Commencement ceremony is a non-ticketed event. Guests are not required to hold a ticket to attend.
Question: Will I receive academic honors at graduation or on my diploma and transcript?
Honors are not awarded at the graduate level.
Question: Am I eligible to participate in the 2014 Commencement ceremony?
You are eligible to participate in Commencement if:
- You completed a degree program between August 2013 and August 2014 and have not walked in a previous Chicago School commencement ceremony.
- You have filed the online Application for Graduation form and paid the associated fee.
You anticipate graduating in December 2014 and submitted a Walk Short form approved and signed by your Department Chair along with your Application for Graduation and the associated fee.
You anticipate graduating after December 2014 and submitted a Walk Short form approved and signed by your Department Chair along with you Application for Graduation and the associated fee. Permission to walk short requirements for students who will graduate after December 2014 may be granted only for those students with extenuating circumstance that will prohibit participation in the 2015 event.
Question: May I walk for more than one degree?
If you are completing two degree programs in one academic year, you may only be recognized during Commencement in one degree program, but your name will be listed in the commencement bulletin for both degrees assuming you have filed all required paperwork. You may walk only one time per degree earned, so, if you have participated in a commencement ceremony already, you may not do so again.
Question: What should I expect on the day of the ceremony?
Ceremony participants must check in at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in the Gold Room (2nd floor) starting at 9:15am. Line up for the ceremony will occur promptly at 10:20am, and the ceremony will begin promptly at 11am. The ceremony will last for approximately for 2 hours.
Self-pay parking is available in lots public parking lots around the venue. Please budget time for locating parking and travelling to the venue. Auditorium seating will open at 10:00am, and all guests must wait outside until the auditorium doors open. Please leave all personal belongings with your guests.
- Leave early – Southern California is infamous for traffic. Map out your route in advance, and add 30 minutes or more to allow for rush hour traffic.
- Pick a meeting place – It’s hard to find your family and friends among a sea of people. Familiarize yourself with the area around the Pasadena Civic Auditorium and pick a place to meet your guests once the ceremony is over.
- Be patient and flexible – Commencement will last approximately 2 hours. If you are planning celebrations/lunch reservations after the event, be aware the ceremony could end earlier or later than the scheduled time.