The Chicago School of Professional Psychology will be holding its 2014 Commencement ceremony on Friday, November 7, 2014 at 11:00am at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium at 300 E Green St in Pasadena, CA.
Ceremony participants must check in at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in the Gold Room (2nd floor) starting at 9:15am. Auditorium seating will open at 10:00am, and all guests must wait outside until the auditorium doors open.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology California Commencement will be held on Friday, November 7, 2014 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium 300 E. Green St., Pasadena, CA 91101
9:15am Participant Check-In Opens (Gold Room, Pasadena Civic Auditorium)
10:00am Pasadena Civic Auditorium opens for general seating (balloons prohibited)
10:20am Participant Lineup (Gold Room, Pasadena Civic Auditorium)
11:00am – 1:00pm Commencement Ceremony
Required forms to participate:
- Intent to Graduate form (in your final semester)
- Intent to Participate in Commencement Form
- Deadline to submit: Sunday, September 7, 2014.
The Herf Jones Regalia website opened for orders on Monday, June 23, 2014 for orders. There is no cost to order regalia. Ceremony participants have the option to purchase TCSPP diploma frames and announcements on the website. All regalia orders must be placed by Sunday, September 21, 2014.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What Commencement deadlines do I have to meet?
Submit the Intent to Participate in Commencement Form - Tuesday, September 7, 2014
Ordering Regalia – Tuesday, September 21, 2014
Question: How do I obtain tickets for Commencement?
Students may request up to 10 tickets each
Question: Will I receive academic honors at graduation or on my diploma and transcript?
Honors are not awarded at the graduate level.
Question: Am I eligible to participate in the 2014 Commencement ceremony?
You are eligible to participate in Commencement if:
- You completed a degree program between August 2013 and August 2014 and have not walked in a previous Chicago School commencement ceremony.
- You have filed the online Intent to Participate form and paid the associated fee.
You anticipate graduating in December 2014 and indicate on the Intent to Participate in Commencement form which requirements you have remaining with an estimated completion date.
Question: May I walk for more than one degree?
If you are completing two degree programs in one academic year, you may only be recognized during Commencement in one degree program, but your name will be listed in the commencement bulletin for both degrees assuming you have filed all required paperwork. You may walk only one time per degree earned, so, if you have participated in a commencement ceremony already, you may not do so again.
Question: What should I expect on the day of the ceremony?
Ceremony participants must check in at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in the Gold Room (2nd floor) starting at 9:15am. Line up for the ceremony will occur promptly at 10:20am, and the ceremony will begin promptly at 11am. The ceremony will last for approximately for 2 hours.
Self-pay parking is available in lots public parking lots around the venue. Please budget time for locating parking and travelling to the venue. Auditorium seating will open at 10:00am, and all guests must wait outside until the auditorium doors open. Please leave all personal belongings with your guests.
- Leave early – Southern California is infamous for traffic. Map out your route in advance, and add 30 minutes or more to allow for rush hour traffic.
- Pick a meeting place – It’s hard to find your family and friends among a sea of people. Familiarize yourself with the area around the Pasadena Civic Auditorium and pick a place to meet your guests once the ceremony is over.
- Be patient and flexible – Commencement will last approximately 2 hours. If you are planning celebrations/lunch reservations after the event, be aware the ceremony could end earlier or later than the scheduled time.