Evaluation of Applications
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program generally requires a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or higher for admission consideration. Each applicant is reviewed holistically, taking factors such as personal and professional experience and accomplishments into consideration. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Office of Admissions to discuss their unique qualifications.
Send materials to:
c/o The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
350 N Orleans St, Suite 1050
Chicago, IL 60654-1822
Students applying to the M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program must submit the following:
- Interview with Program Director/Department Chair and/or designee
- Application Fee: $50
- Essay - The mission of the program is to equip students with the knowledge, skills, practices, and values of the counseling profession: empowerment, resilience, optimal development, multicultural competence, and holism, in order to promote the well-being of individuals, families, and the diverse systems that support them. In a two-page essay address the following:
- How you would contribute to the fulfillment of the program’s mission given your personal and professional characteristics and accomplishments, your academic background, and your experience, and
- Upon successful completion of the program, how do you see yourself contributing to the profession as a clinical mental health counselor?
- Official College/University Transcripts
- Students must submit official transcripts from all schools where degrees have been earned. The Chicago School requires that all schools be regionally accredited higher education institutions. Official transcripts may be sent directly from the institution or with your application for admission as long as they are official, sealed, and signed across the envelope flap when they arrive.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Appropriate recommendations are from professors and/or supervisors from significant work or volunteer experiences, who can appraise your academic or professional performance. Letters should arrive in a sealed envelope, signed across the seal.
- Previous Coursework
- Earned grade of C or better in Psychology