Send materials to:
c/o The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
350 N Orleans ST STE 1050
Chicago, IL 60654-1822
Students applying to the Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision program must submit the following:
- Application Fee: $50
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Résumé/curriculum vitae, highlighting relevant work, volunteer, and research experiences and indicate specifically either the applicant’s current counselor license (including the type of license (i.e. LPC, LCPC, etc.), state that issued the license, license number, and current licensure status); or the applicant’s licensure eligibility status (including type of license eligible, state where licensure eligibility exists, degree to be used towards eligibility, and number of clinical hours accumulated to be used towards licensure eligibility). If the applicant is not licensed, but license eligible, the applicant shall submit proof of clinical hours completed to be used towards licensure that ensure eligibility (i.e. letter from employer specifying the number of hours completed, the position held, and the type of work performed, i.e. 400 clock hours as Therapist I, providing psychotherapy to adults and adolescent clients over the age of 12 years old in a residential treatment facility etc.).
- Essays - Please answer the following question in approximately 500 words.
- Describe your professional goals as they relate to your professional counselor identity, the Counselor Education & Supervision program, as well as a self-assessment of the challenges and resources needed for successful completion.
- Official College/University Transcripts
- Students must submit official transcripts from all schools where degrees have been earned. The Chicago School requires that all schools be regionally accredited higher education institutions. Official transcripts may be sent directly from the institution or with your application for admission as long as they are official, sealed, and signed across the envelope flap when they arrive.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Previous Coursework