Professor/ Academic Assignments
2011 to current Associate Professor of Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
2007 to 2011 Assistant Professor of Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
2006 to 2007 Adjunct Professor of Psychology, Forensic Program, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Dr. Daniela Schreier developed and taught a wide variety of graduate psychology courses. Her current core teaching interests are Psychopathology and Diagnostics; Lifespan Development; Diversity and Cultural Differences; Objective Assessment; Feminist Multicultural Theory and Practice; Family and Systems Theory and Practice.
In the spring semester of 2012, Dr. Schreier is teaching Diversity and Cultural Differences.
Psychologist / Private Practice
S.M.A.R.T. Living LLC – Clinical/Forensic Psychology, Individual/Couples Therapy, Assessment, Testing
Dr. Daniela Schreier is trained in clinical, correctional, and forensic psychology. She works in private practice and offers testing and psychotherapy to individual clients and couples.
Dr. Daniela Schreier authored the inspirational book, “The Colors of the Rainbow: About Life and the Beauty of Living,” (One Planet Living; 2002) endorsed by Victor Hansen, co-author of "The Chicken Soup for the Soul series," and with a forward by Chin-Ning Chu, international best-selling author of "Women’s Art of War."
Together with her co-writer Ellen Paris, former Forbes journalist, Dr. Schreier is currently working on her new book titled “Savvy Single Mother’s Guide to Getting a Life (while Raising Great Kids).
Dr. Schreier recently contributed a chapter on Stress Management for Corporations published by the American Psychological Association:
Schreier, D. E., (2010). Stress management for corporations. In S. Walfish (Ed.), Earning a living outside of managed healthcare: 50 ways to expand your practice (pp. 94-101). Washington DC: American Psychological Association
Fluent in German, Italian, English
Colloquial in Spanish
American Psychological Association (APA)
Q: Please describe your teaching philosophy.
A: “Education offers knowledge; and knowledge is power, power to make informed choices and life decisions. It is a privilege to teach as much as it is a privilege to learn and obtain education."
Dr. Daniela Schreier regularly speaks to journalists from television, radio, and print media. She will provide the answers to the questions your audience wants to ask.
Dr. Daniela Schreier regularly appears on newscasts and shows including CBS2, Fox32, MSNBC, Telemundo, WGN 9, and WTTW, and she is a frequent guest on talk radio shows.
Dr. Daniela Schreier was quoted in The Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Chicago-Sun-Times and has appeared in feature articles in numerous publications, including the New York Daily News, Daily Herald, Today's Chicago Woman and Women's Health and Women's World.
Dr. Schreier blogs and podcasts regularly about breaking and current news topics:
Dr. Schreier’s Blog: Doctor Daniela Blogs
Dr. Schreier’s Podcast: The Daily Dose with Doctor D
Selected interviews by news/radio stations to give some psychological perspective on the following cases and news events. For a complete media list contact Dr. Schreier at 312-8040810 or email@example.com
- Fox 32 (12-06–2011): Rod Blagojevich's legacy: Billions in record debt
- WGN Radio (06-28-2011): Is Blagojevich a narcissist?
- WTTW Chicago Tonight (01-26-2009): The Governor's mindset
- MSNBC 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue(12-12-2008): Blagojevich - unfit to govern
- CBS2 Chicago (12-11-2008): Some question Blagojevich's mental health
- Former Chicago Cub Carlos Zambrano’s Temperament:
- WGN Morning News (08 - 16-2011): Licensed clinical psychologist talks Zambrano's behavior.
Tiger Woods’ Sex Scandal:
- CBS2 Chicago (02-20-2010): Psychologist breaks down Tiger Wood's apology
- CBS2 Chicago (12-04-2009): Is Tiger offering his wife money to stay?
Chicago Local Topics:
- CBS2 Chicago (08-15-2012): Big lottery jackpots can also mean big trouble.
- Medill News Services (4-19-2012): The work at home mom gets the best of both worlds
- Telemundo Chicago (03-16- 2011): Hombre violas a tres mujeres que conocio’ en facebook
- WTTW Chicago Tonight (03-03-2011): Psychologist on Northwestern controversy
- CBS2 Chicago (05-14-2010): Why are some train riders so rude?
- CBS2 Chicago (05-07-2010): Pagano: The latest high-profile suicide
- CBS2 Chicago (01-06-2010): Emotional abuse and "France's 'Yell at your wife, go to jail' law looms
- CBS2 Chicago (2009): Do Chicagoans know their politicians
- CBS2 Chicago (2009): Voters dissatisfied with Quinn, other pols: Expert says 'Honeymoon' is over for elected leaders and taxpayers