- "Effects of Anger Expression and Interracial Tension on Blood Pressure." Kennedy, C.D., Chesney, AP, Gentry, WD, Gary, H.E., Harburg, 661-726-7783E. Paper presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association; Washington, D.C. August 1982.
- "Expanding cultural competence within the forensic psychology practice" A paper presented at the annual meeting of the California Psychological Association: Anaheim, CA April 4, 2008.
- "Halting AIDS in the Black Community" (Chair). A symposium presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association; Atlanta, Georgia. August 1988.
- "Local Clinical Scientist as a Community Mental Health Model" Kennedy, CD A presentation presented at Augustus Hawkins Community Mental Health Center. Los Angeles, CA 1/2008.
- "Local Clinical Scientist: A training model most appropriate to community mental health" A Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association: Boston, MA August 17, 2008.
- Gentry, W. D., Chesney, A. P., Kennedy, C. D., Hall, R. P., Gary, H. E., & Harburg, E. (1983). The relation of demographic attributes and habitual anger-coping styles. Journal of Social Psychology, 121, 45-50.
- Gentry, WD, Chesney, AP, Gary, H.E., Kennedy, C.D. & Harburg, F. Behavioral Medicine and the Risk for Essential Hypertension. Revue Internationale de Psychologie Appliqué 32 1983, Pp. 85-94.
- Kennedy, C.D. & Wagner, N.N. Psychology and Affirmative Action: 1977. Professional Psychology, 10: 1979, pages 234-243.
- Kennedy, C.D. Biofeedback and Cognitive Control in Children with Learning Disabilities. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Washington, 1981. Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Kennedy, C.D. Reflections on Psychotherapy with African American Families. The Family Psychologist, 6 (3); 1991.
- Consulting Psychologist for San Fernando Parole.
- Los Angeles Superior Court Panel of Psychiatrists and Psychologists.
- Psychological Services Supervisor for Children's Center of Antelope Valley.
- Supervising Psychologist for Hope Gardens Homeless Shelter.
- Training Director for South Central Training Consortium.
Q: Please describe your teaching philosophy.
A: Assess students strengths and support educational development to meet objectives and outcomes.
Q: Please provide a statement or philosophy regarding the practice of psychology.
A: Using Local Clinical Scientist model to assess and implement empirically supported interventions among underserved communities.
Q: Why did you choose to enter the field of psychology?
A: At the time, clinical psychologists appeared to be the best trained to accomplish the life tasks that were important to me.
Q: What advice would you give to a student entering The Chicago School?
A: Find your passion and utilize the many resources within the The Chicago School of Professional Psychology to meet your goals.