The Chicago School’s commitment to accountability derives from our institutional values and the principles that guide and shape higher education. We maintain accountability through adherence to our mission and engagement within the community.
The Chicago School has embraced these accountability systems to make it easier for prospective students and other interested parties to find information on our performance and planning. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission is one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. WSCUC regards institutions’ participation in these systems of accountability not as substitutes for the more extensive use of data for analysis, planning and improvement, but as serious efforts to meet public calls for transparency.
TCSPP maintains public accountability through voluntary disclosure on various higher education organizations’ websites and through its own website. TCSPP participates in the following:
- UCAN (University & College Accountability Network), a consumer-information initiative designed to give prospective students and their families concise, Web-based, consumer-friendly information on the nation’s nonprofit, private colleges and universities.
- College Navigator, a direct link to nearly 7,000 colleges and universities in the United States. This site allows future students to evaluate and compare institutions’ prices, financial aid, enrollment fees, and academic disciplines.
Related to public accountability is disclosure of the costs of attendance, including tuition and fees and other related costs. One significant cost of attendance is textbooks: The Chicago School strives to provide our students with access to information that will allow students to seek out less expensive sources for texts and supplemental material for courses. TCSPP discloses the International Standards Book Number (“ISBN”) and retail price for required and recommended textbooks and supplemental materials for each course.
- Federal Disclosure Notices
- General Institutional Information
- Student Financial Assistance
- Student Outcomes
- Health and Safety
- Privacy Rights
TCSPP continues to develop and implement ways to display our commitment to accountability. We both recognize and embrace the concept of accountability and the importance it has in showcasing the integrity of our institution.