Crimes in progress and crimes that have just occurred should be reported to law enforcement by dialing 9-1-1. Whenever possible, the actual victim or witness of the crime should call directly, firsthand information is always more accurate and complete.
When calling to report a crime or incident, please provide the following:
- A description of what occurred;
- Location where the incident occurred;
- Was a weapon used;
- Where and when was the suspect(s) were last seen;
- A description of what the suspects(s) looked like. Include: gender, race, age, height, weight, hair color/length, clothing, facial hair, tattoos, scars, and other noticeable features;
- Other relevant information.
In addition, reporting incidents in a timely manner assists The Chicago School to develop procedures and warnings for the campus.