All bomb threats are to be immediately reports to the local Facilities department. Upon receipt of a bomb threat, Facilities personnel will immediately call 9-1-1 and then notify department staff and building security.
If speaking to the caller on the telephone:
- Remain calm
- Maintain communication with the caller, inquiring about their identity, location, and description of the device.
- Advise someone else to notify Facilities and relay the information obtained.
If a suspicious item is found:
- Do not touch, move or disturb the item.
- Avoid using cell phone or radio communication.
- Notify Facilities and/or building security and provide the location of the item.
- Direct people away from the area until assistance arrives.