What is Business Psychology?
At The Chicago School, we define Business Psychology as a field in which psychologists apply strategic and practical thinking to areas including evolving market conditions, competitive position, corporate strategy, stakeholder relations, and organization design and operations.
History of Business Psychology at The Chicago School
The Chicago School’s Business Psychology programs prepare graduates to assume leadership roles in today’s global and multicultural business environment. Individuals with a doctoral degree in business psychology with a concentration in consulting often work in external or internal consulting roles to help improve group and organizational functioning for both for-profit and nonprofit organizations. As consultants, they work with senior leadership teams, small business owners, Boards of Directors, and middle management to improve performance and efficiency within organizations.
Professionals with a Ph.D. in I/O Business Psychology utilize assessment and intervention skills to help organizations solve problems, enhance performance, and manage the complexities of today’s business environment. They often develop and administer management systems such as, performance management, training, organizational development, change management, employee selection, and organizational-wide surveys.
Degrees in Business Psychology offered at The Chicago School
Our Business Psychology programs are available in a multiple degree formats with a variety of concentrations.
Business Psychology Programs
- B.A. in Psychology, Business Psychology Minor – Online
- Ph.D. in Business Psychology, Consulting Track – Los Angeles, CA
- Ph.D. in Business Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Track – Los Angeles, CA
- Ph.D. in Business Psychology, Consulting Track – Washington, D.C.
- Ph.D. in Business Psychology, Consulting Track – Chicago, IL
- Ph.D. in Business Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Track – Chicago, IL
- Ph.D. in Business Psychology, Consulting Track – Online
- Ph.D. in Business Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Track – Online
Careers in Business Psychology
The Chicago School’s Business Psychology programs equip graduates with the skills necessary to succeed in a variety of fields and professions.
Public and Private Sector Employers:
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Higher Education
- Governmental Agencies
Business Psychology Job Titles:
- Director of Organizational Development
- Program Director
- Industrial/Organizational Psychologist