- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) is a private, not-for-profit institution.
- TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral sciences for 39 years.
- TCSPP is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) with more than 4,300 students at locations in Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Los Angeles, San Diego & Irvine, CA, Washington, D.C., and online.
- Formats include traditional weekday coursework as well as flexible evening weekend, and online options
- Available funding opportunities include financial aid, scholarships, fellowships, student loans, and paid employment.
- Each year, students are linked with enriching practicum, internship, and community service opportunities at approximately 500 diverse organizations across the country and have opportunities to participate in a range of multicultural learning and international study opportunities.
Student Demographic Information (as of Fall 2018 Census)
- 33.5 years old
- 80.0% female
- 20.0% male
- <1% Non-Binary
- <1% Not Reported
- 24.3% Black/African American
- 0.2% American Indian/Alaska Native
- 0.4% Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander
- 5.8% Asian
- 16.3% Latino(a)/Hispanic
- 40.8% White/Caucasian
- 4.2% Two or more races
- 3.0% International
- 5.0% Not Reported
Percentages may not sum to 100% due to rounding.
*Mean Age as of Census Pull
Honors & Awards
- The community service initiatives at TCSPP have earned recognition on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for several years, contributing an average of one million service hours each year.
- The National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP) has recognized The Chicago School’s Clinical Psy.D. program at the Chicago Campus on two different occasions: First, for outstanding contributions in the area of diversity and second for outstanding commitment to advancing professional advocacy and public policy.
- TCSPP has been named a Top School for two consecutive years in the Military Advanced Education &Transition Guide to Colleges & Universities research study. Additionally, TCSPP received the Military Friendly School award for three consecutive years by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs Magazine, among others.