International Admissions Requirements
In addition to meeting all general admission requirements indicated on our program-specific requirement pages, all international students must submit the following information to be considered for admission to The Chicago School of Professional Psychology:
Proof of English Ability
Students whose primary language is not English must submit proof they are able to communicate in English at the academic level. Acceptable proof of English ability include:
- Official TOEFL score report (TOEFL Code: 7161). To be considered for admission, students must submit a minimum score of
- 79 on the internet-based test
- 550 on the paper-based test
- Official IELTS score report. To be considered for admission, students must submit a minimum score of
- 6.5 on the IELTS test
- Completion of the required level at a partner ESL institution (please inquire)
- Pre-requisite degree from the United States or from a college or university where coursework is taught entirely in English (example: American University of Cairo)
Test scores must be submitted to The Chicago School directly from the testing agency, and you must have taken the test within the past 2 years.
Students must submit official academic records from all schools they have attended
In addition to official academic records, students must also submit official “course-by-course” transcript evaluation(s) of all international coursework. This is a requirement for all students who studied at an international institution.
The Chicago School recommends evaluations from:
The evaluation itself is not a guarantee of admission. Please also note that the Chicago School does not pay the cost of a credential evaluation. This fee must be paid by the student.
All transcript evaluations must come directly from the evaluation service directly to The Chicago School.
Immigration Matters – Obtaining an initial I-20 or DS-2019
Full-time ground programs: Upon admission to an on-ground full-time degree program, International Programs and Services will request the submission of the required documents in order to prepare the proper immigration document (I-20/DS-2019). Details and instruction for obtaining an I-20 for admitted students can be found here. As part of your documents, international students must submit detailed financial statements before a Form I-20/DS-2019 can be processed. These statements should include the amounts and sources of funds available for educational expenses in the United States.